The Queen Elizabeth Hospital King’s Lynn’s Annual Members’ Meeting will be held on Wednesday 16 September 2020, 3pm – 5pm.
The Annual Members’ Meeting is an opportunity for the Trust’s members, patients, our local community, volunteers and Trust staff to hear from the Chairman of the Trust, the Chief Executive and Executive Team about the Trust’s progress during 2019/20 and ambitions for the year ahead. In addition, the meeting will also feature presentations from Trust experts on our response to the COVID-19 pandemic and our leading Research and Development team.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the Government restrictions currently in place, the meeting will be taking place via Microsoft Teams. Anyone who wants to join the meeting can do so using this link.
Chairman of the Trust, Professor Steve Barnett said: “While we are having to hold our Annual Members’ Meeting in a different way this year, it will be no less informative for our members, which include patients, the local community and our staff.
“The Executive Team and I look forward to welcoming our members, albeit virtually, to explore our progress over the last year, our ambitions for next year and to hear from some of our excellent staff on a number of areas where we have performed particularly well. We will also summarise the vital contributions of our Governors to the Trust’s improvements in 2019/20, and provide an update on the outcome of elections that have taken place in-year.”
The agenda for the meeting is:
- 3pm – Introduction and opening remarks from Professor Steve Barnett, Chairman
- 3.10pm – Opening speech from Caroline Shaw, CEO
- 3.20pm – A summary of how we did in 19/20 – Caroline Shaw, CEO & Chris Benham, Director of Finance
- 3.30pm – Presentation: Keeping our hospital safe during COVID-19 – Dr Frankie Swords, Medical Director, and Dr Chris Jeanes, Microbiologist/Infection Control Doctor
- 3.45pm – Presentation: Putting our Trust at the forefront of patient trials – Research Team – Antonia Hardcastle, Research and Development Lead
- 4.00pm – Patient story
- 4.15pm – Looking ahead to 2020/21: our priorities – Caroline Shaw, CEO
- 4.30pm – Q&A (CEO and Executive Team)
- 4.55pm – Closing remarks from the Chairman
- 5pm – Event close
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital King’s Lynn NHS Foundation Trust you can find all the details on how to apply here.